Due to the unforeseen circumstances of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the USDOT has enforced an expanded national emergency declaration to provide HOS relief to commercial vehicle drivers transporting emergency relief to support the outbreak.
As for your EZ-ELD, it will report as normal. Therefore, you will see infractions if you violate the normal HOS. Please unplug your device and address your missing mileage when necessary or annotate your logs explaining that you are transferring goods or providing services to support the COVID-19 outbreak.
These services include the following:
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19.
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants.
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores.
- Immediate precursor raw materials, such as paper, plastic or alcohol, that are required and to be used for the manufacture of essential items.
- Equipment, supplies and persons necessary to establish and manage temporary housing, quarantine.
- Persons designated by federal, state or local authorities for medical, isolation or quarantine purposes.
- Persons necessary to provide other medical or emergency services.
Please see the following links below for additional information:
Transport Topic News: FMCSA Issues Expanded HOS Emergency Declaration