How to send files during a Roadside Inspection
So you understand what Inspectors have been told to check for during an ELD inspection, please read the CVSA Inspection Bulletin for ELD devices.
The EZ-ELD has a standard single-step process (using Telematics) so you can quickly send driver records to authorized officials during a roadside inspection.
- Tap the Inspector cap icon in the top right corner of the main screen.
- From the left side menu tap “DOT Inspection”.
- In the Logs screen, tap the Inspector cap icon.
- Choose the option you need from ON SCREEN, EMAIL, or WEBSERVICE, and tap that button to start the data transfer.
- If an authorized safety official provides a key phrase or code during an inspection, this should be included as a comment in the ELD record. When you choose SEND TO EMAIL or SEND TO WEBSERVICE, the EZ-ELD will allow you to enter a comment in the output file.
- Tap SEND to send the files.
You can transfer data to an authorized safety official in the following ways: by EMAIL, by showing ON SCREEN or by sending to WEBSERVICE.
For full instructions, including screenshots, on how to send records to authorized officials during a roadside inspection, check the ‘DOT Roadside Inspection’ section in the User Manual on page 75.