- Take your EZ-ELD device out of the box.
1.1. If your OBD diagnostic port is 9-pin, the device is ready to plug into the port. See ‘Installation Instructions’ here, or check the User Manual.
1.2. If you have a 6-pin or OBDII port, check ‘Changing a connector’ in the User Manual. Then install your device.
- Download the EZ-ELD App free from the Google Play store for Android devices, or the App store for Apple devices. If the link doesn’t work, search for ‘EZ-ELD’.
- Pair your phone with the EZ-ELD device. For full details see the ‘How to Pair your Smartphone or Tablet‘ video or check the User Manual.
- Check that the Back Office software is set up by the Fleet Manager or Support person back at base. That generates the invitation email in stage 5.
- You will have been invited by email to join the EZ-ELD App by the person in charge of the Back Office software. If you haven’t receive this email, please contact your Fleet Manager.
- To access the App, you need to create a login account. You must use your invitation email to do this. Find out more here.
- Find out how to use the EZ-ELD App for the first time, or check ‘Using the EZ-ELD App for the first time’ in the User Manual for full instructions.
Once you are set up, you can view/manage your driver logs, check for HOS violations and respond to DOT roadside inspections.