How to install the EZ-ELD Device in your truck
1. Find the truck’s diagnostic port. It’s position depends on the vehicle make and model. You might find the diagnostic port:
- Under the dash or under the steering column/wheel on the left or right,
- On the left or right of the pedals, above the pedals,
- Above the footrest,
- In the fuse box,
- Near the handbrake or the clutch pedal handbrake
In some trucks you may have to remove a plastic cover to find the connector.
2. Attach the device to the vehicle’s diagnostic port.
2.1 If fitting to the 9-pin or 6-pin connector, rotate the collar to line up the collar tabs with the matching slot on the diagnostic port. Press firmly until the EZ-ELD device is fully connected. Then rotate the collar clockwise until it clicks.
2.2 If fitting to the OBDII connector, line up the device connector so it exactly matches the diagnostic port in the vehicle. Press firmly until the EZ-ELD device is fully connected.
3. Your device is now installed in your truck.
Always install the EZ-ELD device in a place that will not block or interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle pedals, or obstruct the driver in any way, or interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle. Please try to avoid installing the EZ-ELD under metallic surfaces; it needs a clear view of the sky to work correctly.
If space is tight, use the extension cable and blue double-sided sticky pad in the kit to place the device in a better position.